Saturday, November 1, 2014

Lemongrass Green Tea Soap Revisited

A while back I made a lemongrass green tea soap using only lemongrass and green tea for fragrance. At first there was a mild, grassy scent, but now that the bar is cured, the scent is almost nonexistent.  My brother mentioned that he really likes citrus scents, and that led me to revisit lemongrass and green tea, this time using a fragrance oil.

This was also an opportunity to explore new design methods!  Using portions of soap "batter" in condiment bottles, I hosed the mold down with two different greens, a yellow, and white using the method (and similar colors) outlined in this blog post from Bramble Berry.  Here's the result!

Lemongrass Green Tea Soap
The recipe I used was very different that Bramble Berry's, and it was almost all olive oil, but superfatted with some green tea butter.  This one is going to be on the drying rack for quite a while, but I really like how the design turned out!