Thursday, August 13, 2015

Worth a Thousand Words

Inspired by Joanna Schmidt's blog, The Soap Bar, I have been working on enhancing my photography skills. Joanna is the owner of an awesome company called Mad Oils, which is a great source for colorants, essential and fragrance oils, and other soap making goodies. If you're into soap making or DIY beauty, I'd highly recommend them!

I'll start by saying that I am a far better soap maker than photographer, but pictures are incredibly important in selling and marketing my soap! I'm really trying to enhance my photography skills, and while I have a long (loooooong) way to go, I think my pictures are gradually improving! Here are some of my recent favorites. What do you think? Artistic or cheesy?


Oooh, is someone about to wash their hands with my lovely Apple Rose soap?



I feel like Ned Stark should be somberly telling us that Autumn is coming.
This is my Apple Orchard Lotion Bar.


Okay, so I was fresh out of Sunflowers for my Sunflower Lotion Bar. A daisy will work in a pinch, right?


Extreme soapy closeup of my Bergamot and Mandarin soap.