I'm having a consultant from Wine Shop at Home come in to do a guided wine tasting for me and my guests (I'm a big fan of wine, especially full bodied reds). While I plan to be doing more sipping and socializing than selling, my soaps will be available for sniffing and buying during the party.
During the SOAPen House I will be able to offer a discount code through the amazing Antsquare app that will give a $5 credit toward a purchase of any amount! With the deal that I'll be offering during the party, the offer will get you a free bar of soap!
A Little Bit About Antsquare
Antsquare is somewhat like Etsy in that it's a marketplace for makers and crafters. Where it differs is that its focus is connecting local buyers to local sellers, and it's ideal for in-person sales transactions. All you have to do is find the item that you're looking for on the Antsquare app and then complete the checkout process on your phone. You're then given the option to arrange a time and place with the seller to pick up your item. The app generates a pay code, which the seller scans, and then you're done! I've used Antsquare myself, and it's very intuitive and easy to use. There are also a number of really great local makers and crafters starting to pop up on the app. If buying local is a priority to you, I'd highly recommend checking it out!
So What About that Free Bar of Soap?
During the month of December, I can give you a promo code for $5 off of an order of any amount if you purchase locally using the Antsquare app (up to 20 customer transactions). You must make your purchase through Antsquare to get the $5 off! Here's how to get the deal:
- Install the Antsquare app on your smartphone. You can download the app for Apple here or for Droids here.
- Set up your account and add your credit card information. This part is really important. The promo code won't work if you don't have your entire profile set up with credit card info.
- Find my shop using the search function (it looks like a little magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen), Emily's Handmade Soaps.
- The first item I have listed is a Christmas-themed soap with a little Santa Claus on it that says "December Deal!" This will give you the option of choosing bars of soap for $5.00 each (or buying 4 and getting a fifth bar for free). Just enter the number of bars that you'd like (don't enter the free one) and let me know which varieties you would like. My soap inventory is always up to date on my Etsy site if you'd like to browse to see what's in stock.
- Select a pickup time. If we're face-to-face while you're completing the transaction, you can enter any time you wish. By default, I have my pickup/dropoff location listed as Marine View Espresso, but I'm happy to meet at other locations.
- After choosing a time, I'll give you the promo code for $5 off to enter and you can confirm the purchase.
I'll be available during my SOAPen House to assist you with the process. It's easier than it sounds after you see it in action. Big thanks to Antsquare for providing the promo code, and yet another way for local buyers and sellers to connect!