Monday, June 20, 2016

First Day of Summer Scents

Today is the first day of summer, and I have some classic, limited edition summer soaps coming your way!


Summer is Coming!

Sandalwood Soap


Sandalwood is just one of those classic scents that bring to mind walks on the beach and hanging out around the campfire with friends on those warm summer evenings. I added
a touch of vanilla to my Sandalwood Soap, so it has a slightly softer, but still warm and woody scent. I textured the tops in a soft, wavy pattern that reminds me of driftwood that you'd find on the beach. That lovely orange color is made with annatto seed powder, a natural colorant.


Sandalwood Soap



Cucumber Mint Soap


I use the cold process method of soap making almost exclusively, but every now and again I like to mix it up by doing some hot process or hand milled soaps. Hand milling involves shredding soap that has already been produced, adding liquid, and applying heat until the soap reaches its gel stage. In this case, I made a batch of Cucumber Mint soap, then shredded it and hand milled it for a more rustic look. The soap is scented with a cucumber fragrance with minty accents and just a touch of rosemary. The cool combo is great for those hot summer days that are on the horizon!


Cucumber Mint Soap


Coconut Soap


Out of my three limited edition summer scents, this one of my favorite! I used coconut milk in this recipe for a creamy (but still vegan) bar. I absolutely love how the design turned out! It looks to me like someone sitting in a yoga pose, just enjoying the smooth, coconutty scent and feeling peaceful. 


Coconut Soap


All of my summer-themed soaps will be available online beginning the first week of July!



Summertime Soaps by Emily's Handmade Soaps


I still have a few spring-themed soaps left, but they'll be gone before you know it. If you're interested in Honeysuckle Gardenia, Rose Garden, or Olive Grove soaps, now is the time to pick them up!

What's your favorite summertime scent? Let me know in the comments below!